Uganda Tourism Board (UTB), is a statutory organization established by Uganda Tourism Board Statute of 1994 and reconstituted in the Tourism Act 2008 with the following Statutory Objectives:
- To promote and contribute to the Development of Tourism sector both within and outside of Uganda.
- To coordinate with the Ministry responsible for Tourism and the private sector in the implementation of the National Tourism policy.
- To carry out any other activities as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the two objectives specified above.
UTB, an equal opportunity employer seeks to recruit suitably qualified and competent Ugandan professional to fill the following position(s):
JOB TITLE: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
SALARY SCALE: T4
DEPARTMENT: FINANCE AND PLANNING
DUTY STATION: UTB HEADQUARTERS
REPORTS TO: MANAGER, FINANCE AND PLANNING
AGE: NOT ABOVE 40 YEARS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support the Finance and Planning Manager in the planning and implementation of all organizational plans, budgets and programs and in the preparation of all financial statements and reports in accordance with the laws, policies, procedures and guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining and enhance the internal control systems and manage the accounting systems in line with international accepted standards and in accordance with the Public Finance Management Act, UTB Financial Policies, procedures and guidelines and all applicable Government of Uganda legal frameworks.
- Establishing and maintaining books of accounts in accordance with the accepted policies and procedures.
- Facilitating the auditing of UTB accounts by both Internal and External Auditors
- Ensuring reconciliation procedures of various accounts are carried out in a timely manner.
- Preparing statutory statements for the Board and ensuring that non payroll statutory deductions such as VAT, etc. are calculated and paid in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Ensuring compliance to and maintenance of appropriate financial accounting policies and procedures as stipulated in the Financial and Procedures Manual.
- Participating in the development and upload of the work plans and budgets, coordinating their implementation and providing the budget performance reports.
- Ensuring that all advances/Imprest payments are correctly and fully accounted for with appropriate expenditure documentations. Managing payroll and ensuring that statutory obligations are timely remitted.
- Ensuring that the Integrated Financial Management System (IFMS) is properly functioning, Preparing periodic and annual financial reports.
- Performing any other official duties that may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- He/she should possess an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting or Commerce from a recognized University. Should have professional qualifications in ACCA or CPA (U)
- Post graduate qualifications in finance and accounting are an added advantage.
- Membership with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda is a must.
- He/she should have at least five (5) years working experience in the area of financial accounting and Management with three (3) years at senior officer level in the public sector/ Government of Uganda.
- Must be conversant with the Government of Uganda payments, budgeting and reporting systems (Integrated Financial Management System (IFMS) and the Programme Budgeting System (PBS))
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of accounting procedures, protocols, budget administration
- Experience in the use of PBS and IFMS
- Knowledge of financial forecasting, analysis and reporting
- Ability to supervise and mentor staff
- Ability to inspire credibility, confidence and build consensus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to provide leadership to a team.
- Ability to develop, monitor and evaluate multiple projects with multiple deliverables.
- Ability to plan, organize and lead the implementation of plans and processes.
- Proficiency in computerized financial systems.
Application with detailed CV (with email, telephone contact and postal address), plus copies of all academic certificates and transcripts, testimonials, past appointments, copy of valid National identity card, contact details (telephone, postal and email addresses) of three competent referees should be sent by courier or hand delivered to the address below latest 5:00pm Friday 17th January 2020.
The chief Executive Officer
Uganda Tourism Board
Plot 42, Rotary Avenue, Lugogo Bypass, 6th Floor
P.O. BOX 7211 KAMPALA
TEL. +256 414 342196/7 Fax +256 414 342 188
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.